Sunday 1 March 2015

A journey of Adventure for Countryview Crafts

Hello everyone, welcome and especially also to new followers, I am so happy you decided to join me in my crafty adventure!
This is the first of 3 projects I have been creating for various challenge blogs, and that all will be posted today. Sorry for the overload....-  as you can see from the title, this one is for Countryview Crafts. The theme this month is Anything Goes!!
I decided to play with my new Correspondence papers by the great Tim Holtz. These papers are perfect for collage, and I love playing with paper collage. I decided to make a so called W book. Tim has a brilliant tutorial on how to do this, you can find it HERE
Tim's paper collections are always perfect for this type of project as each collection includes different sized images on each 12 by 12" page. I took one that had 3 x 3" imagery, but kept the plainer side showing so I could collage over each little page once the book was folded. I'll give you a quick overview and will let the photos tell the story: As you can see from the cover, a mother and her young son set out to travel to find their long lost orphaned niece....
They think she is somewhere in France, far away from their native State of Alaska, so they go on an adventure and tell their story as they travel.
 Mama shows her son (let's call him Irvine) the globe and as they set off they know that each new day will be full of possibilities, - but will they find her?....
 As they are telling their story, they know this journey will not just be about finding a long lost relative, but also about finding themselves...

 Of course postcards are written home as they travel along....
 At last they reach Paris, and as Irvine has been such a good travel companion, he is rewarded with a flight in a hot air balloon, - what better way than to see Paris from the skies?!
Well, the story has a happy ending, the poor orphaned niece is found and they take her back to their home.....

I used the following products for this project: Tim Holtz Correspondence papers, Tim Holtz sticker book (I think these have now been discontinued) Tim Holtz Small Talk stickers, Tiny Things stamp set. Almost all of these products can be found  in the Tim Holtz section at Countryview Crafts, just click HERE.

Depending on how you fold your  booklet, their will be several pockets, so I decided to make some tags to fit inside. I used  the Tim Holtz Sizzix Framelits Die Set 8PK - Tag Collection for this, the smallest tag fits just perfectly.

 I used them double sided, for strength, so I cut two for each tag and then glued them together.
Below you can see the spine of the booklet, created with just adding some bits of string under the cover pages.


Please hop over to the Countryview Challenge blog to see what my wonderful teamies have created, and hopefully you will decide to play along, - remember, anything goes for this one!

14 comments:

chrissie said...

Fantastic book and I love the way the pages are joined together complete with pen nib. Great ideas on all the pages.

Chrissie xx

Matilde said...

It's amazing!

Brenda Brown said...

Love this Astrid and aren't the papers beautiful. I see we were on the same sort of wavelength for this challenge (as were a couple of others). The collage on the front is beautiful and I love that you have added to the pages as well.
happy Sunday.
hugs Brenda xxx

massofhair said...

Fantastic project Astrid, so many fab pages and the story is lovely so glad it has a happy ending :-) xxx

Patty O'Malley said...

Fantastic work, Astrid!

experiments in paper said...

I always love your books, Astrid! Great use of those wonderful new papers, and fantastic details throughout! Glad the story ended happily, lol! xx Lynn

Pamellia said...

Wow Astrid!! Your projects are always so crammed full of wonderful details, I'm just not sure where to start! LOVE this one so much!! So many elements and the layout of every page is perfectly balanced! I just adore your sense of style! hugs :)

Terry said...

Astrid, love the way you worked these papers. Great little book and each page is absolutely wonderful and contains so many details. Fantastic! Wow you have been busy! Hugs!

Deb said...

Wonderful Astrid and love your story! So glad it had a happy ending :O)

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love this and your story! Each page a total delight! Chrisx

crafty creations said...

Wonderful book depicting a great story = love all the attention to detail

Anonymous said...

I'm stunned and speechless. This is truly wonderful Astrid. How on earth you came up with this amazing bit of art from the heart is beyond imagination.

You're incredible. (I'm going to have to find out the name of the Angel who blessed you with your artistic talent, and ask if I can be given some of that magic stuff too!). lol ~ Cobs. x

Words and Pictures said...

Ahh... the other two projects are really impressive, but there's something about this one which just really appealed to me as soon as I saw it... the golden vintage glow, that fab photo on the front, lovely distressed papers, and great stamping throughout. Very, very lovely.
Alison xx

SewPaperPaint said...

Asrid, I am new to your blog and have followed and linked it in my blog roll. Your story line in this post is wonderful, and inspiring. I love that you just play! And the results are incredible! It has been years since I was so inspired by stamping, thank you! Thank you so much for the information and links. I love constructing mini books. Just can't wait to see what's next! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key