Sunday 1 November 2015

Blue Christmas for Countryview Crafts

Can you believe it's November already? Where has the time gone....
Over at Countryview Challenges the lovely Doreen has chosen "The Colour Blue" for our challenge theme this month, - here is my make:
With Christmas coming ever closer, I decided to make a start on my Christmas cards. Even though blue is perhaps not a traditional colour for Christmas, I always love it for Christmas cards, specially when combined with silver and some sparkle.
Here is how I went about putting it together:
I took a piece of 6 x 6 Christmas paper that had a subtle blue tone already, I then inked around the edges with Distress Inks in Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire. I also did some background stamping using Ground Espresso and a text stamp from Artistic Outpost as well as the delicate branch which is by Inkylicious.
Next I cut a piece of white card, coloured it with the same inks and then used various stencils to create some layers in the background. I then ran it through the Tim Holtz Seasons Greetings embossing folder and highlighted the raised bit with Decoart Metallic Lustre in Champagne.
Here is a close up where you can see the back ground a bit better.
I cut and embossed a couple of snowflakes with the Tim Holtz Snowflake duo and matching embossing folder. Inked around the edges lightly with blue, then again highlighted the raised bits with the metallic lustre.
And now all that was left to do was to put it all together.
Well, that's it. The finished card is 7 x 7 and fairly flat which will make it good for posting.

Do check out the projects my teamies have created, so diverse in style, and of course plenty of inspiration to hopefully inspire you to play along with our challenge. All you need to do is click HERE
If you decide to play along you could even win a £20 voucher from our sponsor Countryview Crafts
Hope to see you there, happy November and thank you for visiting here today.
I will be back later with another project for Mixed Media Monthly.

22 comments:

Barbara said...

Blue is my favourite color! Gorgeous work! Barbaryaya

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful card! Hugs, Valerie

maria's knutselplezier said...

What a great card in blue!!!

Greetings
Maria

chrissie said...

Beautiful blue card Astrid with a traditional feel to it

Love Chrissie xx

Mrs.B said...

Gorgeous card, love the subtle sparkle and I must admit I do like blue Christmas cards.
Avril xx

Redanne said...

I love blues too for Christmas and this card is beautiful with the cool blues and wonderful hints of sparkle - well done too on making a start on your Christmas cards! Hugs, Anne xx

Suzanne C said...

Silver and Blue so beautiful! Lovely texture on those snowflakes and your background is another masterpiece!

Tamara said...

Some of my favorite colors together and I, too, believe these are so pretty and charming for Christmas. Thank you and best wishes.

Tamara <3

Words and Pictures said...

Ooh, I do like that Champagne lustre on the raised lettering - so effective against the bluesy background. Another beauty, Astrid. Hope you're enjoying a nice restful Sunday.
Alison xx

Dorthe said...

What a dream card, dear Astrid, - I love silver and blue, too, and here you combined them so elegant and stunning , such a beautiful card !!
Dorthe, xoxo

Jennie Atkinson said...

Gorgeous blues Astrid and such a fabulous card. I love how you have managed to create so much texture but without too much dimension. Fabulous! Jennie x

experiments in paper said...

Beautiful card, Astrid - love the highlighting on the embossed words against those gorgeous blues..... gets me in the mood for winter! xxx Lynn

rachel said...

this is soooo pretty Astrid - I really love it. The silver was a great idea! Hugs rachel x

Jackie PN said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous Astrid!!
I absolutely love the vintage spin you put on this without even using distress products!The silver and blue combo is one of my favs! xo

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautiful card, Astrid. Love the blue and silver colors.

Maryann Laursen said...

This is so beautiful Astrid. Blue has always been one of my favorit colors, and I really love this one here, soooo wonderful made and it looks amazing.

sarascloset said...

I love to use blue and silver at Christmas, and you have provided such great inspiration here for that! Love your card, and thank you for taking us through your steps! I think I passed on getting this Texture Fade, but now I wish I hadn't. ( I might have it though, you never know! I have a pile I haven't put into my system yet!) Big hugs!

Unknown said...

This is just beautiful Astrid. I actually think I could make this one and you know I am not good on fancy cards like you usually make!!! So thanks bunches and bunches for this inspiration. Truly lovely. j.

Unknown said...

I'm thinking beautiful twilight christmas skies when I see this card Astrid, it's making me feel Christmassy xx

Pamellia said...

Just stunning Astrid! I love the rich blue with the metallic accents and the vintage touches are so wonderful! You do the most amazing Christmas cards! hugs :)

momandjack said...

Memories ... when I was growing up we always had a BLUE tree with all blue lights. My mom was the greatest ... miss her.

A Pink said...

Gorgeous! Astrid Love your detailed background , the textured snowflakes and the metallic look - my kind of shimmer and shine x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key