Monday 1 February 2016

Make Your Own Background for Countryview Crafts

Well here we are, the first of February, - can you believe it? Christmas seems only days away....
As always, on the 1st, there is a new challenge starting at the Country View Crafts Challenge Blog and the theme is "Make Your Own Background".
Well that was easy, I make them a lot of the time, and this being the month of love I decided to do a Valentines card for my first project.
I chose to use a gelli print as my background. As I tend to make these in badges and then pull them out when needed, I cannot be totally sure anymore what I used, but it looks like Rusty Hinge Distress Ink with some touches of Ground Espresso and Picket Fence also, and like often I used a stencil, in this case the Tim Holtz Crackle Layering stencil one.
The print was done on deli paper which I then adhered to thin white card. I also added some strips of tissue tape.
Next I cut it to size and added  some strips of old book paper, some more tape and a die cut.
Some embellishments to finish it all off. The brad in the middle is a Tim Holtz numbers one, as you can see, I struggled getting the white paint to stick in the numbers.
The little heart was cut from an old Finnabair paper I had in my stash.
Well that's it for now, - I will be back later with another project, - meanwhile, do hop over to the challenge blog to see the amazing projects my teamies have created, and of course you can read all the challenge details there too!

Thanks so much for visiting and happy February!!!

19 comments:

Luvcreatincards said...

Hello Astrid,
What a gorgeous gelli print background you have created, I like to use deli paper when I make gelli prints, I love the translucent effect it gives. You have such a good eye for bringing the backgrounds and embellishments together,and I love your pretty finished valentine's card. thank you for sharing these lovely step by step photos.
Warmest best wishes,
Si
-x-

Words and Pictures said...

Amazing grungy print in the background, and I love the composition of your tape and embellishing - fabulous card!
Alison xx

Pamellia said...

Just beautiful! Well this theme was designed just for you now wasn't it! HA!! This is just gorgeous, really love all the different elements in your background! hugs :)

Jennie Atkinson said...

Gorgeous background Astrid - I really love what you have done with the gelli plate to create all the different layers in the background. A fabulous card. Jennie x

Unknown said...

What a GORGEOUS gelli print - the colors and textures are STUNNING Astrid. And I love that you made a "Valentine" theme without true red. This just really is LOVELY. j.

Juliz Design Post said...

Never tried a Gelli plate but am seriously tempted with your beautiful background. Guess another thing on my never ending wish list.
Julie x

rachel said...

absolutely gorgeous background and wonderful card Astrid - fabulous! Hugs rachel x

Meggymay said...

Love the inky grungy prints Astrid. this is a fabulous card.
Yvonne xx

Patty O'Malley said...

Wonderful card, Astrid!

Brenda Brown said...

Lots of amazing layers and tones of colour. A fabulous background and finished card, love it xxx

Deborah Wainwright said...

Fabulous background Astrid, I really must get the gelly plate out. Love how you turned it into a card too hugs Debs xx

Maryann Laursen said...

Amazing background here Astrid, it really looks amazing and the finished card looks soooo beautiful.

Deb said...

Beautiful Astrid, wonderful gelli plate background and great idea to make it on the deli paper, a lovely Valentine's card! Deb xo

sarascloset said...

A perfect CVC theme for you, Astrid. You make the most amazing backgrounds, and this is no exception to that rule! Gorgeous layout, as well. Hugs!

Redanne said...

I love the design of your card, it leaves the background beautifully exposed, such a beautiful card Astrid. Hugs, Anne xx

A Pink said...

A fabulous original Valentines Card! Astrid Gorgeous background and love that left you left so much of it to be seen and adored .
x

Almo said...

What a lovely card Astrid. The mix of tissue tapes really compliment that fabulous background which also makes the Ivy die-cut pop. Mo x

Jenny Marples said...

A superb background used to perfection! LOVE it! Jenny x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Astrid! Just starting a catch up and what a stunning card to start with! I keep forgetting that I have some deli paper and seeing how brilliant this background is I'll be getting mine out when I get back to some proper play at my desk! Hugs, Chrisx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key